Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 pounds pork belly, cubed
- 1 tablespoon five spice
- 1/4 cup barbecue rub
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced scallions (optional)
- Preheat oven or smoker to 300 F.
- In a large bowl, toss cubed pork belly, five spice and barbecue rub together. Coat every piece evenly.
- Pour brown sugar on top and toss pork belly in it until coated.
- Place coated pork belly cubes on a nonstick cookie sheet and sprinkle remaining brown sugar and rub left in the original bowl on top of the pork belly.
- Cook pork belly until sugar is caramelized and pork belly reaches an internal temp of 195 F, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Lightly toss cooked pork belly candy in teriyaki sauce, then sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions on top, if using.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/pig-candy-recipe-t274555