Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 medium scallions, coarsely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed (about 3 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (from 1 medium, unpeeled carrot)
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- For serving: 6 split hamburger buns, ketchup or mustard, lettuce, sliced tomato, thinly sliced red onion
- Place the oats, walnuts, and scallions in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse until a coarse meal forms, about 20 pulses. Add the beans, carrots, miso, and chili powder. Process, scraping down the sides as needed, until the mixture comes together and is chunky but isn’t a complete paste, 15 to 20 seconds.
- Shape the mixture into 6 (3-inch-wide) patties (about 1/2 cup each). Let rest for 5 minutes, or refrigerate, loosely covered, for up to 3 hours.
- Heat an outdoor grill to direct, medium-high heat. Scrape the grill grates clean if needed.
- Brush the patties well on both sides with the oil and place on the grill in a single layer. Cover and grill until grill marks appear on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a thin metal spatula, flip the burgers. Cover and grill until heated through and grill marks appear on the other side, 3 to 4 minutes more. Serve the burgers on buns with desired toppings.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add 3 of the patties and cook until well-browned and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and repeat with cooking the remaining 3 patties. Serve the burgers on buns with desired toppings.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/veggie-burger-recipe-268299