Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 (7½- to 8½-pound) spiral ham
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon miso
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the spiral ham from the packaging and place cut-side down in a rimmed half-sheet pan; let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cover the ham tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake until the ham reaches an interior temperature of 115 F, about 1 hour 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze; in a medium-sized saucepan, bring the pineapple juice, maple syrup, olive oil, soy sauce, Aleppo, cumin, cinnamon, cloves and garlic to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the miso and mustard and whisk to combine.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the glaze evenly all over the ham.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 F.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 135 F, about 15 minutes. If the glaze begins to caramelize, tent the ham with foil to avoid burning.
- Let rest for 20 minutes, allowing the ham to reach 140 F, before transferring to a platter and serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/spiral-ham-pineapple-aleppo-glaze-recipe-t273657