Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2kg milk-fed lamb leg, boned, butterflied (ask your butcher to do this)
- Green salad, to serve
Olive And Parsley Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) verjuice (see notes)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup (40g) pitted kalamata olives
- In a mortar and pestle, pound rosemary, thyme, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons sea salt into a paste. Rub the lamb with the paste and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue or large chargrill pan on high heat. Cook lamb, fat-side down, for 4 minutes to caramelise. Turn, reduce heat to medium (or move to a cooler part of the barbecue), then cover with the barbecue hood (or a large metal roasting pan) and cook for 12-15 minutes, checking and turning several times so it doesn't blacken too much. Transfer to a dish.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl, then pour over lamb. Cover loosely and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Carve meat into thick slices, and serve with resting lamb juices and green salad.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/maggies-chargrilled-barossa-milk-fed-lamb/51b1c1dc-2cac-4533-b2dd-aff8ef03ddae?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/tx3ckwv6