Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 5 shallots(minced)
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 2 ounces Thai yellow curry paste(about 2 tablespoons, 57g)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 packs of fried fish balls
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a shallow pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the shallots until they start to caramelize. Add the flour and stir thoroughly to combine, cooking for a minute or so. Make a space in the centre of the pan, and add the last tablespoon of oil and the curry paste. Fry until fragrant.
- Next, add the chicken stock and stir thoroughly, breaking up the curry and the roux. Bring to a boil and let thicken. Add the coconut milk, curry powder, soy sauce, white and black peppers, the sugar, and finally, the fish balls.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the curry sauce thickens and the fish balls are warmed through.
- Serve immediately in the pan or on skewers. You can also eat these with a bowl of plain rice or noodles!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Woks of Life for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://thewoksoflife.com/hong-kong-curry-fish-balls/