Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 6 filo pastry sheets, each measuring 44 x 28 cm
- 200 g block haloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 thin strips of preserved lemon rind
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Lay the filo sheets on top of each other.
- Cut the stack in half lengthways, then cut across in half to give 24 smaller rectangles of pastry.
- Lay the rectangles on top of each other and cover with a damp cloth.
- Cut the haloumi into 12 thin fingers.
- Combine the mint and olive oil in a bowl.
- Lay two filo rectangles on top of each other and brush with some of the oil from the bowl.
- Put a piece of haloumi on the short end of the pastry, top with a strip of preserved lemon, then fold the sides of the filo over the haloumi and roll up into a cigar shape.
- Repeat to make 12 cigars.
- Preheat the barbecue hotplate to medium.
- Cook the cigars on the hotplate for 4–5 minutes, turning often until the pastry is golden and charred.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and serve hot, with lemon wedges on the side.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Good food for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/ross-dobsons-vegetarian-barbecue-recipes-20131125-2y6ib