Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 lbs zucchini (or summer squash)
- 1–2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Zaatar spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Garnish w/ flat-leaf parsley or cilantro, a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, baby tomatoes, aleppo Chili pepper.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce or yogurt for extra richness (optional).
- Slice the zucchini on the diagonal, into 1/3- inch thick slices and place into a large bowl. Drizzle w/ olive oil, sprinkle w/ salt and zaatar spice, and add the finely minced garlic. Using tongs or your hands, toss to combine until each piece is well coated.
- Place zucchini on the hot grill using tongs. Close the lid and give a good sear, about 5 minutes. When there are good grill marks, turn them over, grill for 4-5 more minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low, cover, grill until cooked through.
- When cooked to desired tenderness, place zucchini on a platter and cover with foil for 5-10 minutes, so they become even more tender.
- Serve with optional yogurt or Tzatziki, a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, optional Aleppo chili flakes, a few cherry tomatoes ( or color), a sprinkling of Italian parsley (or cilantro or microgreens).