Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 12-oz. swordfish steaks, about 1" thick
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. drained capers, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped oregano, plus 2 sprigs for serving
- ½ tsp. honey
- 2 large ripe heirloom tomatoes, halved, thickly sliced
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil grate. Toast pine nuts in a dry small skillet over medium heat, shaking often, until golden, about 4 minutes. Let cool and set aside for serving.
- Pat swordfish dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and let sit at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, capers, chopped oregano, honey, and ½ cup oil in a small bowl to combine; set marinade aside. Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed platter, overlapping slightly; set aside.
- Rub swordfish all over with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and grill, undisturbed, until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook on the second side until fish is opaque all the way through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to reserved platter with tomatoes and top with oregano sprigs. Season with more salt and pepper. Pour reserved marinade over and let sit at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour. To serve, scatter reserved pine nuts over.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Bon Appétit for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-swordfish-with-tomatoes-and-oregano