Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 3 pounds medium green zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high (450°F to 550°F). Meanwhile, prepare the zucchini and dressing.
- Cut the zucchini using the roll cut technique: Trim the ends off 1 of the zucchini. Make a diagonal cut about 1 1/2 inches from one end. Roll the squash a half turn and make another diagonal cut (in the same direction as the first cut) about 1 1/2 inches from the cut end of the squash. Repeat with the rolling and cutting until you reach the end of the squash. Repeat with the remaining squash, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl. Season with pepper and whisk to combine; set aside.
- When the grill is ready, drizzle the zucchini with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Place in a single layer on the grill (reserve the bowl; no need to wash). Cover and grill, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and crisp-tender, about 8 minutes total.
- Transfer the squash back to the reserved bowl, drizzle with the dressing, and toss to combine. Set aside to cool to just warm or room temperature, at least 15 minutes. Add the feta and mint and gently toss to combine.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-grilled-zucchini-salad-246310