Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 4 (about 300g each) fresh mackerel
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled
- 12 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- Dash of fish sauce
- Dash of lime juice
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high. Lightly oil a large baking tray.
- Wash the fish and pat dry with a paper towel. In a bowl, combine the red curry paste, sugar, coconut milk, sea salt, and pepper.
- Place the mackerel on the baking tray and spread the curry mixture over the fish. Place the tray under the hot grill for 5 minutes, then carefully turn the fish. Grill for a further 6-10 minutes or until the mackerel skin starts to crackle and scorch and the flesh is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice cucumber into long strips with a vegetable peeler, then cut strips into matchsticks. Toss cucumber, tomato, and mint with fish sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve mackerel with the cucumber salad and lime.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/thai-spiced-grilled-mackerel/3a641616-634f-4ffb-a491-2ac8475db597?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/tx3ckwv6