Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boneless rib-eye steak
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups warm pre-cooked sushi rice
- toasted sesame seeds, chile oil, scallions, wasabi and lemon slices, to garnish (optional)
- Mix kosher salt and pepper together until blended.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper mixture onto both sides of the steak. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place oil into a cast-iron skillet and heat at high heat.
- Place rib-eye on the skillet for 4 minutes on each side.
- Add butter to skillet and spoon over steak.
- Remove steak when its internal temperature reads 130 F and allow it to rest.
- Lightly coat your hands with rice wine vinegar.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of warm sushi rice into hands and roll to form balls.
- Create 6 sushi rice balls and lightly coat each ball with rice wine vinegar.
- Slice rib-eye into strips, cutting against the grain of the steak for tenderness.
- Place strips of rib-eye onto rice balls and garnish with desired ingredients.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/steak-sushi-recipe-t258103