Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra to taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 large crusty baguette yielding approx 18-20 slices
- 1-2 TBSP melted butter or olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 1-2 TBSP fresh parsley
- A drizzle of olive oil and vinegar to taste
- Parsley or baby arugula to garnish
- Sweet balsamic glaze for topping
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook peas via your favorite method and combine with garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper in a food processor.
- Pour in olive oil as you blend until desired consistency is reached. After 1/3 cup I was good to go!
- Next chop avocado, tomato, and fresh parsley and toss together. Drizzle with olive oil and a teeny bit of your favorite vinegar [optional] as well as a tiny pinch of salt and toss to coat.
- Slice your baguette and brush each side lightly with olive oil or melted butter.
- Arrange flat on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy. You can underbake for slightly chewy crostini or toast a bit longer for extra crunch; both ways are delicious!
- Allow toasts to cool a bit, then top with pea puree and your avocado/tomato mixture.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Peas and Crayons for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://peasandcrayons.com/2015/06/sweet-pea-crostini-with-tomato-and-avocado.html