Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pound USDA prime hanger steak, trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 3-4 tablespoons crumbled Cotija cheese
- Set up a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high direct heat.
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices together. Then rub the mixture liberally on the hanger steak. Let's sit and come to room temperature.
- Place the steak on the grill and sear on all sides, approximately 1½-2 minutes a side (all four sides), the steak should be at 130°F for medium-rare. Remove and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place all salad dressing ingredients into a blender or mixer then pour in olive oil slowly to incorporate all ingredients evenly. Set aside.
- Rub corn, peppers, and onion with olive oil and salt. When the grill is ready, place veggies on the grill and char on all sides (being careful not to burn them, just grill marks). Remove and let cool.
- Chop grilled veggies and place in a serving bowl with lettuce, avocado, and tomatoes. Slice steak against the grain and place on top of the salad. Drizzle dressing over top. Sprinkle cheese over the salad and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/southwestern-steak-salad-grilled-corn-recipe-t156189