Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 2 Medium globe eggplants (about 1¾ lb. total)
- ⅓ Cup tahini
- ¼ Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Pomegranate seeds and black sesame seeds (for serving)
- Remove grate and prepare a charcoal grill for medium heat (coals should be covered with ash and glowing red with no black remaining). Place eggplants directly on coals and cook, turning occasionally, until skins are completely charred and flesh collapses, 15–20 minutes. (Alternatively, you can char over a gas burner on medium-high heat, turning occasionally with tongs, 12–15 minutes.) Transfer to a colander set over a medium bowl. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Remove skins from eggplants (it’s okay if some bits of charred skin don’t come off). Transfer flesh to a sieve set over a bowl and let drain 10 minutes.
- Transfer eggplant flesh to a food processor; add tahini, lemon juice, and 3 Tbsp. oil and process until creamy; season dip with salt.
- Transfer dip to a bowl and top with pomegranate seeds and black sesame seed; drizzle with more oil.
- Dip can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Bon Appetit for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/smoky-eggplant-dip-eggplant-moutabal