Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound center-cut salmon, skin and pin bones removed, cut into 24 (1½- to 2-inch) cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/3-inch rounds, then quartered
- more lemon wedges, for serving
For The Herb Sauce
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes to a small food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend until the garlic is finely chopped.
- Add in the herbs and blend until finely chopped. Transfer the herb sauce to a bowl to serve with the grilled salmon.
For The Salmon
- Preheat the grill to 375 F.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cubed salmon, red onion and lemon quarters to the bowl, and gently toss to coat everything in the oil and seasoning.
- To assemble the kebabs, thread a few pieces of red onion onto an 8-inch metal skewer. Next, add a piece of salmon, followed by a quarter of lemon. Continue threading the ingredients onto the skewer until you have 4 pieces of salmon on the skewer. Set the finished kebab aside and continue the process with the remaining skewers and ingredients.
- Generously oil the grates of the preheated grill.
- Add the salmon kebabs to the grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until nice grill marks have formed and the salmon easily releases from the grill. This can alternatively be done on a grill pan inside.
- Remove the salmon to a serving platter and drizzle with the herb sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/salmon-kebabs-herb-sauce-recipe-t256888