Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1½ pounds Faroe Island salmon fillet, boned, skinned, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 4 Persian cucumbers, cut in half and thinly sliced in diagonal half circles
- 1/4 cup ginger fresh, peeled, thinly sliced and cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted and crushed
- 4 tomatoes, blanched, peeled and coarsely diced
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1/2 bunch herb salad (parsley, cilantro, chervil), picked and washed, for garnish
- Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towel; set aside. Rinse all vegetables and herbs under cold water; set aside.
- In a nonreactive bowl, mix cucumbers, ginger, apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
- In another nonreactive bowl, mix pumpkin seeds, tomatoes, mint, Parmesan and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. In a heavy-bottom pan with enough room for all 4 portions of salmon, sear salmon over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. For medium, sear 6 minutes on each side. Take out of pan and let stand for 2 minutes before plating and serving.
- Plate a small amount of cucumber salad on the bottom of the plate, then salmon on top of the cucumber salad. Next, spoon some pesto over fish and around the plate. Garnish with herb salad on top and around the plate.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/roasted-faroe-island-salmon-recipe-t262368