Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 3 oz shiitake mushrooms diced
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 head of romaine lettuce leaves washed and broken or sliced in half horizontally (see note)
For The Sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp regular soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lightly packed fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot diced
- In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and whisk together.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp sesame oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add in ground chicken and cook and stir until crumbled and browned. Add in water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour in sauce and stir into ingredients until ingredients are evenly coated in sauce. Cover skillet with a lid to cook a few minutes and allow ingredients to absorb the sauce. Remove lid, taste and make any adjustments as needed. If you prefer a little sweeter, you can add a little bit of sugar. If you prefer saltier, you can add a little more soy sauce. When finished, remove from heat.
- Lay out lettuce leaves onto a plate. Spoon on filling. Garnish with scallions. Serve while filling is still warm.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Kirbie’s Cravings for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://kirbiecravings.com/pf-changs-chicken-lettuce-wraps/