Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup sake or dry white wine
- 1/3 cup white miso
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, more for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. assorted vegetables, such as mushroom caps, bell peppers, zucchini, and red onions, trimmed and cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch chunks
- Finely grate the zest of the lime into a small bowl, then juice the lime into the bowl. Whisk in the sake, miso, cilantro, oil, honey, scallion, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Thread the vegetables onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Put the skewered vegetables in a nonreactive (stainless steel, glass, or plastic) container and pour the marinade over them, turning to coat on all sides. Marinate the vegetables for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- When ready to grill, heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat (400°F to 475°F).
- Remove the vegetable skewers from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Grill the vegetables, basting with the marinade and turning occasionally, until tender. Season to taste with more salt and garnish with more cilantro, if you like, before serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Fine Cooking for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/miso-marinated-grilled-vegetables