Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
- 4 medium aubergines, cut in half lengthways and scored on a diagonal
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 500g pack lamb mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 50g sultanas
- 50g pine nuts
- ½ small pack parsley, chopped
- Green salad, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Place the aubergine halves on a large baking tray or two smaller ones. Drizzle over 2 tbsp of the oil and season the aubergines well. Cover with foil then roast the aubergines for 50 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the lamb stuffing. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the lamb, breaking down the meat with the back of a wooden spoon. Fry for 5-6 mins or until most of the liquid has evaporated and the mince has started to brown.
- Add the onion and spices and cook for another 5 mins until the meat is completely brown and has become caramelised and sticky. Add the sultanas, pine nuts and parsley, season to taste, then set aside.
- Carefully scoop most of the flesh out of the aubergines and add it to the lamb, then refill each aubergine with the mixture. Return to the oven for 8-10 mins, until piping hot. Serve with a green salad.