Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 ½ lb ribeye steak(700 g), or any other well-marbled, tender cut
- 1 onion, 1/2 roughly chopped and 1/2 thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic cloves
- ½ pear, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, 1 cut into pieces and 2 sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup soy sauce(80 g)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed, for serving
- 2 cups cooked rice(400 g), for serving
- Banchan (Korean side dishes), for serving (optional)
- Slice the beef as thinly as you can, then set aside in a large bowl. Using frozen or cold beef will make the slicing easier.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the onion chunks, garlic, pear, green onion pieces, brown sugar, pepper, soy sauce, and sesame oil until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the beef, add the thinly sliced onion, then mix to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over high heat. Pat the meat dry.
- Being careful not to crowd the pan, sear the marinated beef and onions until browned. Sprinkle with the sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice and side dishes.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Tasty for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://tasty.co/recipe/korean-style-bbq-beef