Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1 whole red snapper (1 - 1 ½ pounds) scaled and gutted
- 10 sprigs thyme leaves stripped off the stems
- 6 sprigs parsley minced
- 8 basil leaves minced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil sub with olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- In a bowl combine the minced garlic, parsley, basil and thyme leaves. Add in salt, chicken bouillon powder, white pepper, oil and lemon juice. Mix well to combine.
- Using kitchen shears cut the fins of the fish. Rinse thoroughly then pat dry with good quality paper towels or a clean kitchen cloth.
- Using a knife, make 4-5 ½ inch deep diagonal slits on both sides of the fish.
- Rub half of the garlic herb mixture all over the fish making sure to rub the mixture into the cavity and stuff some into the slits you made. This will ensure the seasoning gets to the bone of the fish.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the fish on the baking sheet and cover with a plastic wrap. Let it marinate on the counter top for 30 minutes (no need to place the fish into the fridge).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (300 degrees Celsius).
- Take the plastic wrap off the fish then place in preheated oven to cook. Let it cook for 20 minutes then take out the fish and brush with a little oil.
- Set the oven to broil. Place fish back in the oven and let it broil for about 5 minutes or until the fish is nicely charred. Be sure to watch the fish closely so it doesn't get burnt (the broil function could burn things fast).
- Take fish out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Precious Core for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.preciouscore.com/grilled-whole-red-snapper-oven-grilled/