Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup lightly crushed Marcona almonds
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic
- 1 lemon, zested
- 8 leaves mint, torn
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on high heat. Carefully cut the rinds off of the watermelon and then slice it into 2-inch thick rounds.
- Toss the smoked paprika and raw sugar together and sprinkle liberally over the watermelon slices.
- Once the grill is hot, drizzle the slices with olive oil and then place them carefully on the grill. Allow the slices to grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the slices to a cutting board, let them cool slightly and then slice them into rectangles. Stack the rectangles onto a large platter, drizzle them with the aged balsamic and olive oil, then sprinkle the almonds and feta over the top followed by the lemon zest and torn mint. Set the platter out for everyone to share and enjoy.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/grilled-watermelon-feta-cheese-balsamic-mint-t129926