Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 medium summer squash and/or zucchini, cut lengthwise 1/4" thick
- 1 medium red onion, cut through root end into 8 wedges
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 8 oz. feta, crumbled into large pieces
- 4 banana peppers from a jar, thinly sliced crosswise
- Generous pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil grate. Whisk garlic, vinegar, and 1/2 cup oil in small bowl to combine; set marinade aside.
- Toss squash, onion, and bay leaves on a rimmed baking sheet with remaining 3 Tbsp. oil to coat; season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange squash and onion on grate. Grill squash, undisturbed, until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes. Turn over and grill on second side until tender and starting to release liquid, about 2 minutes. Transfer squash back to baking sheet. Grill onion, turning occasionally, until tender and charred around the edges, about 5 minutes. Transfer back to baking sheet.
- Arrange squash, onion, bay leaves, and feta on a rimmed platter and pour reserved marinade over. Scatter banana peppers on top and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Let sit at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour before serving.