Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 squid tubes (very, very fresh)
- 3–4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 3 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 long red chill, diced (you can deseed it for less heat)
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Using a sharp knife, score the tops of the squid tubes in a few places and cut away the tentacle pieces. Using a paper towel, pat dry the squid really well to remove any surface moisture. This will help to cook the squid faster and prevent it from becoming chewy. Set aside and prepare the aromatics.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Once really hot (this is important), add the squid and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Add 2-3 more tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Reduce the heat slightly.
- Add the garlic, chilli and most of the parsley to the pan and sauté in olive oil for a minute until the garlic is golden brown. Add the squid pieces back in and stir through. Cook together for 20-30 more seconds and drizzle with a little lemon juice (about 1/4 of a lemon).
- Serve on a plate with all of the garlic and parsley oil topped over the top.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Irena Macri for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://irenamacri.com/recipes/grilled-squid-with-garlic-chili-parsley/