Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 4 pork chops
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients for the rub in a small bowl and set aside.
- Allow the grill to preheat to medium-high heat (around 400 degrees F) for two-zone cooking (one direct heat side and one indirect heat side).
- Season the pork chops with Sweet Rub on all sides and press the rub into the meat.
- Place the chops on the hottest part of the grill and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Move the chops to the indirect heat side of the grill and continue cooking for an additional 5-6 minutes per side until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove the chops from the grill and allow them to rest for 5-6 minutes before slicing.