Preparation time: 1 hr 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 (1lbs) Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup carrots, shredded (2 carrots)
- 1 english cucumber, sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon + dash garlic powder
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 large loaf french bread
- To make the marinade, add 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon sriracha, & ½ tsp garlic powder to a large bowl or sealable bag. Mix marinade together and add pork tenderloin. Marinate at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- In a large bowl mix 3 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 2 teaspoons brown sugar together until sugar is dissolved. Add shredded carrots and sliced cucumbers. Mix together well until vegetables are fully coated in the liquid. If making ahead of time cover and refrigerate until ready to use. If not, keep the bowl with a mixing spoon on the counter, give the vegetables a stir in the liquid every so often as you make the rest of the meal.
- Divide the mayo evenly between to 2 small bowls. Add remaining sriracha to one of the bowls and the lime juice and a dash of garlic powder to the other. Mix each bowl separately until a smooth sauce forms. Set aside (in fridge if necessary) until ready to use.
- Pre-heat grill to high. Remove pork from the marinade, allowing any access marinade to drip off. Place over direct heat. Grill 4 minutes, rotate pork tenderloin. Grill 4 more minutes. Rotate again, grilling another 3-4 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145º F in the thickest part of the cut. Remove from the grill and cover (with tin foil), let rest 3 minutes.
- While the pork is resting slice french bread loaf in half the long way. Turn grill to low and place bread on the grill cut side down, grill 1-2 minutes until warm and slightly toasted.
- Thinly slice the grilled pork tenderloin into slices for the sandwich, cut against the grain, pork should be slightly pink in the center.
- To build the sandwich, cilantro to the bottom of the loaf of bread followed by the pickled vegetables (drained). Add the sliced pork over vegetables. Close sandwich and using a serrated knife cut into 4 pieces.
- Serve sandwich with the sweet and spicy mayos allowing each person to choose the sriracha or lime mayo to spread on the top piece of bread.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Schmidty Wife for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://theschmidtywife.com/grilled-pork-banh-mi/