Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 lb organic ground lamb ( or beef, or combo) – makes 3 burgers
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ C very finely diced onion, shallot or scallion
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 brioche buns
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3 oz. Mahon cheese sliced (or any melty cheese- jack, provolone, cheddar, edam, gouda)
- Quick pickled onions
- crispy bacon ( totally optional)
Harissa Aioli Recipe
- ½ cup mayo
- 1–2 tablespoons store-bought or homemade harissa paste (or use dry spices: 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp chipotle powder or chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, pinch salt and pepper
- If making the harissa pasta from scratch do this first or make ahead.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Make quick pickled onions, refrigerate.
- In a med bowl, using your hands, combine ground lamb with onion, garlic, spices, salt and pepper, just to combine, being careful to not over mix. Form patties and set aside.
- Crisp bacon slices (if using) and set on paper towel.
- Make the Harissa Aioli- whisking mayo with harissa paste, or spices in a small bowl, set aside.
- Slice the cheese.
- When the grill is hot, grill patties to medium-rare or medium. Toast buns at the same time.
- Top with cheese and close lid, turning the heat off, letting the cheese melt- (or place in a warm oven, topping with cheese, to allow it to melt).
- Assemble. Once cheese has melted, assemble. Spread harissa aioli on both sides of the buns, place burgers, optional bacon, arugula and pickled onions and then the bun top. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Feasting At Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.feastingathome.com/harissa-burger/