Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1/2 pound yellow wax beans
- Grapeseed oil or other neutral oil, as needed
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 heads lettuce (such as red oak or Bibb), washed and torn
- 1/4 cup Niçoise olives, for garnish
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl, and bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Snap the ends off the green beans; place green beans in ice bath. Remove green beans, and add to boiling water; blanch until just al dente, about 1 minute. Shock the blanched green beans in the ice bath to stop the cooking process and set the bright colour. Repeat the process with the yellow wax beans.
- Preheat the grill to high (about 450°F). Drizzle grapeseed oil on the beans, and grill in a grill basket, covered, until nicely charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the grill basket. Add tomatoes to grill basket, and grill, covered, until nicely charred, about 5 minutes.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry non-stick pan over low, or toast them in an oven at 350°F until fragrant and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food and Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-garden-vegetable-salad