Preparation time: 8 hrs
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1 green jalapeno, minced
- 3/4 cup green onions, finely minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- sea salt for finishing
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Combine the vinegar, garlic, shallots, jalapeno, parsley and red chili flakes in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Move flank steak onto a tray. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Rub half of the marinade over the meat. Cover it and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- When you're ready to start cooking, preheat the grill to 450 degrees.
- Remove the meat from the fridge and allow it to get to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Grill the meat on each side, turning to avoid over charring. Each side will take around 3 minutes for medium-rare. The internal temperature should reach 125 degrees.
- Before serving, allow the meat to rest, tented with foil, for 30 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve with the remaining marinade sauce.
- Finish with sea salt, if desired.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/geoffrey-zakarian-s-easy-grilled-flank-steak-recipe-t138351