Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup green lima beans, frozen or canned
- 2 cups fresh corn kernel from 2 corn cobs
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, light and dark parts divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, roughly cut
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl combine brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, black pepper and 1 tablespoon of the olive olive oil. Add in chicken thighs and toss until coated. Cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add remaining olive oil. Once glistening add in lima beans, corn and light parts of the green onion. Cook until corn is deep golden yellow and green onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and add in dark green parts of the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, basil and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste and toss until combined. Set aside.
- Reduce heat on grill to low and add chicken. Allow to cook undisturbed for 5 minutes, or until slightly charred. Turn and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, or until the opposite side is charred. Continue flipping until chicken reaches 165°F with an instant read thermometer, about 5-7 more minutes. Remove from the grill and arrange on a large platter.
- Top chicken with succotash salad and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Modern Proper for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://themodernproper.com/grilled-chicken-thighs-with-succotash