Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped ripe plum (about 2 plums)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- To prepare chicken, combine the first 4 ingredients. Rub chicken with brown sugar mixture.
- Heat the oil in a grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Serve with chicken.