Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 bananas, ripe but still firm
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup*
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- For serving: vanilla ice cream (vegan as necessary), chopped toasted pecans or glazed pecans
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a small bowl, stir the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Leaving the peel on, slice off the stem of the banana peel. Then slice the banana in half lengthwise.
- Brush the cut side of the bananas with ½ of the maple syrup mixture.
- Grill cut side down for 3 to 4 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
- To serve, scoop the bananas out of their peels with a spoon. Stir the maple mixture, then drizzle it over the tops. Serve with ice cream and chopped pecans.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank A Couple Cooks for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.acouplecooks.com/grilled-bananas-a-la-mode/