Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 pound thick asparagus, rinsed, trimmed, and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small lemon
- 4 to 6 skewers
- Measuring spoons
- 9x13-inch baking dish
- Gas or charcoal grill
- Serving platter
- Soak the skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 20 minutes or overnight. Meanwhile, heat the grill.
- Prepare the grill. Prepare an outdoor grill for direct, high heat (about 450°F to 550°F).
- Season the asparagus. Place the asparagus in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with the oil, season with the salt, and toss to combine.
- Cut the lemon. Cut 1/2 of the lemon into very thin slices. Reserve the remaining lemon half for squeezing onto the cooked asparagus.
- Skewer the asparagus. Organize the spears a little, grouping like sizes together into groups of 5 to 6 spears. Thread 1 skewer through the middle of each group of 5 to 6 spears. Run a second skewer a few inches beneath the first, tucking a few lemon slices between the spears. If using wooden skewers, trim any excessive overhang with a pair of kitchen shears if desired. Repeat until all the asparagus is skewered.
- Grill over direct heat. Place the skewered asparagus on the grill and cook uncovered until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until tender, bright green, and charred in spots, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Finish with more lemon. Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Season with more salt if desired and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-grill-asparagus-244711