Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 c. canola oil
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 c. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. cornmeal
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. club soda
- 8 or 9 large pickles (from a 46-ounce jar) cut on the bias into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Whisk together shallot, mayonnaise, buttermilk, chives, and garlic powder in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil to 350°F in a medium saucepan. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, cornmeal, and baking soda in a second bowl. Season with salt. Whisk in club soda until combined.
- Working in batches, dip pickles in batter, letting excess drip off, and transfer to oil. Fry, turning once, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with dressing alongside.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Country Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a28069895/fried-pickles-with-buttermilk-ranch-recipe/