Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 pound small or medium zucchini, sliced into very thin rounds (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces farfalle or other short pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted roasted almonds, plus more for serving
- 1/4 small clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (generous 1/2 ounce), plus more for serving
- Toss together the zucchini, oil, lemon zest and juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Let sit for at least 25 minutes to marinate and soften while you make the pesto and cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Combine the oil, almonds, garlic and salt in a blender. Puree until well-combined and creamy. In 3 additions, add the basil leaves, blending just until pureed (do not over-blend, or the basil will lose its fresh green color). Add the cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times just to combine (the pesto can be made ahead; it will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta and transfer it to the bowl with the zucchini.
- Add the red pepper flakes, pesto, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a scant 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Toss to combine. Add more pasta water to thin sauce, if necessary.
- Divide the pasta among four bowls, top with the basil, cheese and chopped almonds, and serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/antoni-s-farfalle-almond-basil-pesto-zucchini-t256072