Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
- 1 large potato, any type
- 1⁄4 large Spanish onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- Aluminium foil, a large piece of
- Scrub the potato and make 4 slits almost through to the bottom.
- Slice onion into 4 slices to fit into slits in potato.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil overall.
- Wrap tightly in foil, as if to freeze.
- Place package on the rack in BBQ and close the lid.
- (Can also be done in the oven- 400f degrees for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft).
- In a hot BBQ, they should be done within an hour, depends on what else you are BBQing.
- Open packages, adjust seasoning and serve in opened foil.
- Repeat the process for as many potatoes as needed
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food.com for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.food.com/recipe/easy-foil-bbq-potatoes-94219