Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion power
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces dried pasta shells
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add 1 pound lean ground beef and cook until cooked through and browned. Season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon onion powder, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Stir in 2 cups beef broth, 8 ounces dried pasta shells, and 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce. Cover and cook until the shells are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, shred 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese (about 2 cups).
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half and 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar until the cheese is melted.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/beef-and-shells-22959477