Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1 lb green beans washed and trimmed to 3" pieces
- 15 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp MSG or chicken bouillon powder
- Wash green beans and pat dry. Trim ends off green beans and cut them in half to about 3" equal sized pieces.
- Add 1" of neutral oil to a shallow pan and heat to 375F, fry in batches for 1 minute ensuring the oil does not drop below 325F. If the oil drops too low, you will get soggy green beans, so fry in smaller batches if this happens. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- In a pan or wok, add 2 tbsp of the reserved frying oil and add the garlic. Sauté on low for 1-2 minutes. We want to release the aroma of the garlic to a pale golden color but not browned. Add back the green beans and season with white pepper, msg, and salt to taste.