Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15)
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, pickles and sliced cheese
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 1/4 cup cola, cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons salad dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties (mixture will be moist).
- In a small bowl, combine remaining cola and salad dressing; set aside.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with cola mixture. Continue grilling to desired doneness, 6-8 minutes, brushing and turning occasionally. For medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°. Serve on buns. Serve burgers with optional toppings as desired.