Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 24 slices raw bacon
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken
- 1 cup avocado
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- ½ cup salad dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375`F. Use 2 6-cup jumbo muffin tins. If the tins are not non-stick, spray the inside of one tin with cooking spray.
- Into the sprayed tin, drape a slice of bacon into a cup so that the center of the bacon strip lays on the bottom of the cup, and the ends go up each side, extending above the rim at least ½ inch. Drape another 3 strips into the same cup in the same manner, positioned in a pinwheel shape, so that the sides of the cup are covered with strips of bacon. Open the extended ends so that they lay on the flat surface between the cups and press them flat. Repeat with the remaining cups, using 4 strips of bacon per cup.
- Spray the bottom of a second jumbo muffin tin and carefully place on top of the bacon cups, pressing down as far as it will go to hold bacon in place.
- Bake in oven until fully cooked and crispy, about 18-20 min.
- Remove tins and holding them together, tip over a sink or bowl to allow the fat to drain out. Keep the tins together and allow to cool enough to handle, which lets the bacon cups set.
- Remove top tin and place 1 or 2 bacon cups onto each plate.
- Fill with the cobb salad ingredients in layers, or toss everything together first and then fill cups. Drizzle dressing over each salad and serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/cobb-salad-crispy-bacon-cup-t17161