Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 5 - 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (or corn starch)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (see notes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody stems trimmed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix coconut aminos, chicken broth, tapioca starch, and ginger in a small bowl until well combined and no lumps.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 8 -10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from the skillet and reserve.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the same skillet. Add garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the reserved coconut amino mixture; toss to heat through. Bring to a full boil to thicken.
- Garnish with sliced and scallions and sesame seed, if desired.
- Server with mashed potatoes, white rice, quinoa, or vegetables.