Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 60 ml (¼ cup) rice bran oil
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 small green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped
- flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- chargrilled bread, to serve
- Preheat the barbecue grill to high.
- Put the oil in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, capsicums and onion and toss the veggies around to coat them in the oil.
- Working in batches, tumble some of the veggies over the grill and spread them around so they don't overlap. Cook the vegetables for 8–10 minutes, turning them often using metal tongs until they are tender and scored with grill marks, then transfer to a bowl. Cook the remaining vegetables in the same way.
- Sprinkle the cooked vegetables with the chilli, cumin, paprika and salt and toss together. Lightly mash using a potato masher, so the tomatoes especially are well crushed. Spoon the mixture onto a heavy-based baking tray. Put the tray on the barbecue grill and allow to heat up and sizzle.
- Form eight evenly spaced little wells in the mixture, then crack an egg into each one.
- Close the barbecue lid, if your barbecue has one, or place another baking tray over the top. Cook for 8–10 minutes, just until the egg whites are firm. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot, with chargrilled bread.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Good Food for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/ross-dobsons-vegetarian-barbecue-recipes-20131125-2y6ib