Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more for serving
- 4 (7- to 8-ounce) skinless halibut fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Flaky sea salt
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in a medium bowl. Place 2 tablespoons vinaigrette in a separate small bowl; set aside for serving. Transfer remaining vinaigrette to a squeeze bottle for basting, or leave in a medium bowl if basting with a brush.
- Season fillets with the remaining 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Drizzle or brush with 2 tablespoons of the basting vinaigrette. Refrigerate fillets for at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Place fish in a single layer in a metal grilling basket coated with cooking spray. Place basket on grill grate; grill, reducing heat if needed to maintain the temperature of 400°F to 425°F, 6 minutes. Carefully flip basket; drizzle or brush fish directly through basket grates with 1 tablespoon basting vinaigrette. Grill until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork but doesn’t take on many colours, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove basket from grill; drizzle or brush fillets with 1 tablespoon basting vinaigrette, and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Transfer fish to a platter.
- Toss together arugula and reserve 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette in a large bowl. Season lightly with kosher salt and pepper. Place 1 cup dressed arugula on each of 4 plates; top each with 1 warm fish fillet.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food and Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/basque-grilled-fish