Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2½ tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann's
- 1/2 cup labne or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard, preferably French's
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, preferably, Franks RedHot
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose BBQ seasoning (recipe above)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose BBQ seasoning (recipe above)
- 1/4 cup sliced chives
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together. Transfer to an airtight container until ready to use.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, transfer to an airtight container and let sit overnight.
- Wash and cut sweet potatoes into 6 wedges. Toss the sweet potatoes with oil and all-purpose barbecue seasoning in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium. Coat grill grates with oil.
- Place the seasoned sweet potato wedges on the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side to get beautiful grill marks (make sure your grill is not too hot to prevent the sugar in the seasoning from burning). Once the sweet potatoes have cooked for 6 minutes and have the grill marks on them, transfer them to the upper rack of your grill and close the lid and continue cooking for another 12 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with NYC White Sauce and/or Championship Mustard Sauce and garnish with sliced chives.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/barbecue-sweet-potato-wedges-recipe-t159272