Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 3 aubergines, halved lengthways, flesh scored
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 35g salted peanuts or cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 small spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 10g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
For the glaze
- 100ml mirin
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp very finely chopped lemongrass (about ⅛ of a stem)
- Light the barbecue (or preheat the grill to hot). Whisk the glaze ingredients together. Brush the skins of the aubergines with oil and brush half the glaze onto the cut sides, making sure it gets into the score lines. Leave to marinate for 15 mins (any longer and the aubergines will become soggy).
- Barbecue, skin-side down, for 10 mins until the flesh is tender, then baste the scored side with more glaze. Carefully turn the aubergines over and barbecue, flesh-side down, for 4-5 mins until browned and lightly charred. Check the aubergines regularly to make sure they're not sticking to the bars.
- Brush the cooked aubergines with the remaining glaze, then top with the nuts, spring onions, chilli and coriander. Serve with any extra glaze alongside.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Tesco Real Food for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/barbecue-miso-aubergine.html