Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 17 mins
- 1 small seedless red watermelon (about 5 lb.)
- 2 lemons
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon guajillo chile powder or ground red chile powder
- Preheat grill to high (about 500°F).
- Slice watermelon crosswise into 5 (1 1/2-inch-thick) slices. Cut each slice into quarters to make 20 wedges. Grate 2 tablespoons lemon rind from lemons; set aside. Slice lemons into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Add watermelon wedges and lemon slices to grill grate; grill 1 minute on each side or until nicely charred. Place watermelon on a serving platter. Squeeze juice from a few charred lemon slices over watermelon; add remaining slices to a platter. Sprinkle watermelon evenly with salt, chile powder, and lemon rind.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Cooking Light for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/hot-sweet-grilled-watermelon