Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, left unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 4 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 4 oz. thickly sliced pancetta, diced
- 1/4 cup uncooked cornmeal
- 1 ball (8 oz.) prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic Paste
- 1-1/2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup Niçoise olives, drained and pitted
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Brush the sliced potatoes with 2 Tbs. of the oil and season with salt. Place them on the cooking grate over indirect heat, and grill until well-marked and cooked through, about 20 minutes (or bake on a sheet pan in a preheated 350°F oven), turning them once. Reserve for topping.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, then fry the pancetta, stirring, until crisp. Reserve for topping.
- Sprinkle your work surface with the cornmeal. Place the dough in the middle of the surface. You can either roll out the dough with a rolling pin, stretch it out with your hands, or press it out from the centre against the work surface. Ideally, you want a 12-inch, organically shaped piece of dough—round, square, or rectangular—1/2- to 1/4 -inch thick. Just before grilling, drizzle or brush both sides generously with the remaining olive oil.
- Grill the first side of the crust following the instructions below. Use tongs to transfer it from the grill to a peel or rimless baking sheet. Flip the crust to reveal the grilled side. Spread the entire surface with the garlic paste and sprinkle with half the cheese. Cover with the potato slices, placing them the edge to edge. Sprinkle with the pancetta and the remaining cheese. Artfully arrange the olives and rosemary over the top. Finish grilling the pizza following the instructions below. Remove the pizza from the grill. Season with salt and pepper. Slice and serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Fine Cooking for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/yukon-gold-rush-grilled-pizza