Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Canola oil for grill grates
- 2 1/2 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Cheese, lettuce leaves, pickles, and sliced tomatoes, for serving
- Set up grill for direct cooking and heat to medium-high. Once hot, clean and lightly oil grates with oil.
- Gently shape beef into 8 balls, then flatten into 3/4-inch-thick patties. Using your thumb, make a shallow (1 1/2-inch-wide) indent in the top of each patty. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill patties, indent sides up, until browned and patties easily lift from the grates, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and grill, basting with Worcestershire, to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes more for medium.
- Serve burgers on buns with cheese, lettuce, pickles, and tomatoes alongside.