Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr. 20 mins
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 150ml ginger wine
- 200g Jaimaican ginger cake
- 850g mango slices in light syrup
- 300ml double cream alternative
- 4 passion fruits, halved, pulp and seeds scooped into a bowl
- 400ml fresh custard
- Preheat the grill to high. Put the pineapple on a baking tray and grill for 10-15 mins, turning occasionally, until charred. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, heat the ginger wine in a small pan for 5 mins on a medium heat to cook off some of the alcohol. Set aside.
- Divide the cake into 8, then crumble into 8 dessert glasses or small bowls, pushing down slightly to fill out the bottoms. Pour a little ginger wine into each glass so it soaks into the cake. Arrange the grilled pineapple on top, then put the glasses in the fridge.
- Drain the mango and blend in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk the cream to soft peaks, then gently fold in half the passion fruit pulp and seeds.
- Top the pineapple with a layer of custard, followed by a layer of mango purée (you might not need it all). Top with the passion fruit cream and the remaining pulp and seeds. Chill for at least 1 hr., or assemble up to 8 hrs. ahead and chill until ready to serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Tesco Real Food for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/10-easy-christmas-dessert-recipes.html