Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 6 cups fresh fruit (peaches, raspberries, blueberries or strawberries)
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled plus more to grease the pan
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (optional)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- ground sumac, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or baking dish with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine fruit, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss together with a large spoon and set aside to make the crumb topping.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, flour and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Pour in the melted butter and vanilla extract and, using clean hands, toss to combine, pressing together the flour to create crumbs.
- Pour the fruit filling into the prepared cast-iron skillet and top with the crumb mixture. Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown and the fruit is bubbling. Remove from the oven and wait at least 30 minutes and up to an hour before serving.
- To serve, distribute amongst the bowls and top with vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with ground sumac. Enjoy!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/summer-fruit-crumble-recipe-t224132